LONDON, UK—Glenn R. Landau, senior vice president and chief financial officer of International Paper, one of the world’s leading producers of fibre-based packaging, pulp and paper products, has been elected to the board of directors of FM Global, one of the world’s largest commercial and industrial property insurers.
Established nearly 200 years ago, FM Global is a mutual insurance company whose capital, scientific research capability and engineering expertise are solely dedicated to property risk management and the resilience of its client-owners. These owners, who share the belief that the majority of property loss is preventable, represent many of the world’s largest organisations, including one of every three Fortune 1000 companies and similar-sized organisations worldwide.
“Glenn brings valuable experience and expertise in international strategic planning, operations and finance to FM Global’s board,” said Chairman Shivan S. Subramaniam. “As a mutual company owned and directed by our clients, we are pleased to have senior officers from our longtime policyholders helping with our governance and providing global perspectives that direct our strategy.”
Landau joined International Paper (IP) in 1991 and has since served in a variety of leadership positions, including vice president of containerboard and recycling, vice president of investor relations and president, International Paper Latin America, where he was responsible for the company’s paper and packaging businesses in Brazil, as well as IP’s strategic direction for the Latin America region. Landau was elected senior vice president in 2014 and was named CFO in February 2017.
Other members of FM Global’s board of directors include:
- Shivan S. Subramaniam, chairman, FM Global
- Frank T. Connor, executive vice president and chief financial officer, Textron Inc.
- Colin Day, retired chief executive, Essentra plc
- Michel Giannuzzi, chairman and chief executive officer, Verallia Packaging S.A.S.
- Daniel L. Knotts, president and chief executive officer, RR Donnelley
- Thomas A. Lawson, president and chief executive officer, FM Global
- John A. Luke Jr., chairman, WestRock Company
- Gracia C. Martore, retired president and chief executive officer, TEGNA Inc.
- Christine M. McCarthy, senior executive vice president and chief financial officer, The Walt Disney Company
- Stuart B. Parker, chief executive officer, USAA
- Edward J. Rapp, retired group president, Caterpillar, Inc.
- Israel Ruiz, executive vice president and treasurer, Massachusetts Institute of Technology