London, UK— David T. Walton, president and chief executive officer of Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation (Cat Financial), the financial products division of Caterpillar Inc., has been elected to the board of directors of FM Global, one of the world’s largest commercial and industrial property insurers.
Walton joins FM Global’s 12-member board, which comprises executives from the world’s most influential companies. The mutual insurance company, owned and directed by its policyholders, takes an uncommon approach to insurance—helping more than one of every three FORTUNE 1000 companies, and similar size organisations worldwide, be more resilient to property risk through its engineering and underwriting expertise.
“Dave brings a broad background in international operations and finance to FM Global’s board,” said Thomas A. Lawson, chairman and chief executive officer. “We look forward to benefitting from his wisdom and leadership and appreciate his commitment to FM Global’s continued success.”
Walton joined Cat Financial in 1989 and has served in a variety of risk management, sales and business unit leadership positions, including vice president of Cat Financial’s Asia-Pacific and global mining finance operations and vice president of North America sales. Walton was named Cat Financial’s president in April 2017 and is also a vice president of Caterpillar Inc.
Other members of FM Global’s board of directors include:
- Thomas A. Lawson, chairman and chief executive officer, FM Global
- Frank T. Connor, executive vice president and chief financial officer, Textron Inc.
- Colin Day, retired chief executive, Essentra plc
- Michel Giannuzzi, chairman and chief executive officer, Verallia Packaging S.A.S.
- Daniel L. Knotts, president and chief executive officer, RR Donnelley
- Glenn R. Landau, former senior vice president and chief financial officer, International Paper
- John A. Luke Jr., chairman, WestRock Company
- Gracia C. Martore, retired president and chief executive officer, TEGNA Inc.
- Christine M. McCarthy, senior executive vice president and chief financial officer, The Walt Disney Company
- Stuart B. Parker, chief executive officer, USAA
- Israel Ruiz, executive vice president and treasurer, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
About FM Global
Established nearly two centuries ago, FM Global is a mutual insurance company whose capital, scientific research capability and engineering expertise are solely dedicated to property risk management and the resilience of its client-owners. These owners, who share the belief that the majority of property loss is preventable, represent many of the world’s largest organisations, including one of every three Fortune 1000 companies. They work with FM Global to better understand the hazards that can impact their business continuity in order to make cost-effective risk management decisions, combining property loss prevention with insurance protection.